Vita-Mix 5200 Blender - Making The Ultimate Smoothie

I've been making smoothies for many years with my old Oster smoothie. While it was great and lived a long life, it wasn't capable of doing what my new Vitamix blender does.

One of my goals for the new year was to eat more vegetables and fruits. Growing up, I was somewhat of a meat and potatoes kinda guy. I would eat an apple or orange maybe a few days a week...and greens would be a small portion of my meal...and sometimes I would skip a few days of veggies.

In my early 30's I found out that I had high cholesterol. While I'm a pretty thin guy that works out, I still had this health issue. I knew I had to change my lifestyle.

So that's when I decided to make my...

Ultimate Vita Smoothie

In the past, I would just pop in some strawberries and a banana into my old blender. Sometimes I would add some berries and yogurt too.

While that was a delicious and healthy beverage, I decided to turn things up on the green side.

Nowadays, my smoothies have more veggies. At first, I thought that was pretty disgusting. In the past, I would never drink down veggies...even a V8 tomato drink. However, with my new blender, it blends things quite well and it tastes great!

So what is my ultimate smoothie recipe?

  • 1 Cup of Soy Milk
  • 2 Cups of Spinach
  • 1 Cup of Strawberries
  • 1 Banana


* My ah-ha moment: with my new blender, it's so powerful it even breaks up the strawberry seeds.

Adding Some Vita-Variety

Sometimes I'll add some protein powder, a little more soy milk, sometimes some raspberries, sometimes I'll even add a cup of romaine lettuce or even some carrots.

This has been the best smoothie for me from a taste and health perspective. I change it around a little just to have some variety and continue to drink a healthy and great tasting meal.

I hope that you like my healthy smoothie recipe!

Check out the latest Vitamix deals.